Forum voor samenwerking op vlak van samen aankopen en inrichten appartementen
Can't Import NX500 H.265 codec to FCP X? Solved!

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Brutopia binnenhuisinrichting - aménagement intérieur // gebruiksaanwijzing - mode d'emploie
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Andyeric

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-05-2015 10:22:02    Onderwerp: Can't Import NX500 H.265 codec to FCP X? Solved! Reageren met citaat
H.265 Codec Encoder: Encode NX500 H.265 to ProRes for FCP X

Overview:
By googling, I found most Samsung NX500 users have encountered the recorded H.265 file to FCP X importing issue. The main reason is that NX500's recording H.265 codec are not native codec for FCP X. The guide will show you How to edit Samsung NX500 H.265 with FCP X natively.

"HELP! I just received a new Samsung NX500 camera. This camera is capable of 4K video recording, but when I try to open the files with Final Cut Pro X or Quicktime, it says they are not compatible. The file is H.265 codec MP4 format. I've tried converting the files to other formats, but it's just not allowing me to open it up. Does anyone else have experience with this camera yet? I know the NX1 saves in the same format and I'm finding that may people have had trouble with that as well.
Thank you,
Rob - Designs4Times
MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)"

The Samsung NX500 uses the same h.265 codec that is used by the Samsung NX-1 which I recently purchased. Neither Mac OS X or Windows is yet able to natively play back this codec. There is an editor (Power Director 13 from Cyberlink) running under Windows only that will import and edit the H.265 codec. However, playback in Windows on my fully maxed out Mac pro (Late 2013) is not very good and therefore it is difficult to precisely edit using PD13. I have found the best solution to edit H.265 codec in Final Cut Pro X is to convert the H.265 codec into Apple ProRes 422 codec using the cheap and excellent Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. You can find this by Googling it. This app makes full use of all cores on my Late 2013 Mac Pro and produces an excellent transcoding any HD Videos to ProRes 422 at very high speed. Besides, the built-in video editor allows you to modify your videos by trimming, cropping, adjusting video effects and more. (Top 5 Best H.265/HEVC Codec Decoding and Encoding Tools on PC/Mac)

Read on to find out a quick guide on how to rewrap Samsung NX500 4K H.265/HEVC codec to ProRes 422 for editing in FCP X with optimum performance.

First of all, download, install and run the professional H.265 to FCP X Converter on your Mac Yosemite 10.10.2:

Other Download:

Steps on converting Samsung NX500 H.265 to ProRes MOV for FCP X

Step 1. Launch the program and click "Add" button to import the Samsung NX500 H.265 files to the program. Batch conversion is supported.

Step 2. Select "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as output format for opening with FCP X.

From the "Format" list, move to "Final Cut Pro" catalogue, and select "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as target format. Apple ProRes is the best suited editing codec for FCP X.

Step 3. Adjust video and audio settings (for advanced users)

If necessary, you can click "Settings" button and go to "Profiles Settings" panel to modify video and audio settings like video encoder, resolution, video bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, audio encoder, sample rate, audio bit rate, and audio channels.

Go back to the main interface and click the icon "Convert", we can easily make the work done. Then just follow the FCP X transferring tips, it would be nice to edit Samsung NX500 H.265 codec in FCP X.

More H.265 Tips:

Good News: Never miss to get Saving up to $44.1, MXF/MTS/M2TS/MKV/FLV/MOV Converter.etc at Pavtube Bundles Deals, such as: HD Video Converter for Mac($35) + DVD Creator for Mac($35) = $39.9, Save $30.1

Source: http://mediaconverting.blogspot.com/2015/05/import-nx500-h.265-to-fcp-x.html
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Brutopia binnenhuisinrichting - aménagement intérieur // gebruiksaanwijzing - mode d'emploie Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: